Bicycling is easy, enjoyable and good for you. It strengthens your heart and cardiovascular system and exercises the joints of the hip, knee and ankle.
Tour de Pierce
The Tour de Pierce bicycle event will not be offered in 2017 by Pierce County Parks and Recreation. We plan to bring a bike event back in the future hosted on the Foothills Trail.
The Tacoma Washington Bicycle Club (TWBC) will be hosting an informal bike ride on June 25, 2017 in the Puyallup/Sumner area. To learn more about this TWBC bike ride on Sunday, June 25, please visit www.twbc.org.
Looking for bicycling maps?
- Pierce County Bike Map
- King County Bicycling Guide Map
- Kitsap County Bike Map
- Mason County Bicycling and Recreation Map
- Thurston County Bicycle Map
You can order the Washington Bicycle Map or view copies of other local and regional bicycling maps from around the state online.
- Washington State Bicycling Laws
- Pierce County Bicycle Helmet Law
Any person bicycling or riding as a bicycle passenger on or in tow of a bicycle upon any public area in unincorporated Pierce County shall wear an approved bicycle helmet designed for safety that meets or exceeds the standards adopted in Section 10.22.010 C., and shall have either the neck or chin strap of the helmet fastened securely while the bicycle is in motion. The law is intended to minimize injuries involving bicyclists and motorists. Head injuries are a major cause of death or disability and studies have shown that bicycle helmets reduce the risk of head injuries by 85%.
Riding a bike is a great family activity and hundred of thousands of cyclists around the U.S. share the experience each year by participating in bicycle clubs.
- Tacoma Wheelmen Bicycle Club
- Cascade Bicycle Club
- Seattle Bike Club
- Seattle Bicycle Touring Club
- Back Country Bicycle Trails Club
- Washington State Department of Transportation Bicycling
- Bicycle Motocross at Its Best
- Mountain Biking in Washington State
- Pierce County Non-Motorized Transportation Plan