Family Caregiver Support
About the Program
The Family Caregiver Support program helps unpaid family caregivers. The program helps caregivers continue at-home care and makes it possible for care recipients to remain at home.
- Information and referral to community resources and services
- Caregiver education on diseases, disease processes and care planning
- Minor adaptive equipment
- Caregiver counseling to help with caregiver problem solving and coping skills
- Comfort therapies
- Respite / housework and errands services
What We Can do For You
A case manager will visit to review care-giving needs in your home and how best to apply available funding in each particular circumstance. The role of the case manager is to assist caregivers and care recipients with the most appropriate mix of supportive services.
- Help you make informed choices and access services
- Review your needs and eligibility with you
- Help you develop a plan that addresses your health, housing, and safety needs
- Regularly review your situation and help you make changes to the plan as needed
Support groups allow caregivers the opportunity to ask questions, learn from other's experiences, share successes and frustrations, or seek advice in a safe, supportive environment. Contact Community Connections for a current list of support group.
Family Caregiver Support Program Quarterly Newsletter
Click here to see current edition and past editions.
VA Caregiver Support Program
Click here to learn more or call 1-855-260-3274
Aging & Disability Resource Center
253-798-4600 or 800-562-0332
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday