Pierce County Corrections Inmate Programs
Pierce County Corrections provides a variety of opportunities to assist the inmates in custody and to enable them to enter the community with a more positive experience.
Chapliancy Services Provided
Our provided services include the following:
- Weekly Religious Services.
- Correspondence study program.
- Obtaining and distributing inspirational books and literature.
- Processing attendance lists for various inmate programs.
- Spiritual studies and visitation.
- Personal and emergency crisis counseling.
- Verifying and notifying inmates of illness and death of family members.
- Assisting the Humane Society regarding inmates' animals.
- Help inmates connect with individuals, organizations and agencies providing after-care programs
Other Services Provided
- Volunteers Provide support in group settings along with AA/NA literature
- Distributing reading glasses to indigent inmates
- Opportunities are in the planning stages for Domestic Violence Prevention as well as expansion of current General Education Programs
- We process special diet requests for religious and philosophical ideals
- We assist inmates in obtaining approved items relative to their worship
For More Information
Learn more about the Programs by contacting the Program Coordinator at (253) 798-2960.
For all Chaplaincy Services please call 253-798-2187