Go To Search
Click to Home
Find a Department
Animal Services

Dogs sittingAbout Animal Services

We license pets and respond to calls in unincorporated Pierce County and the towns of Carbonado and South Prairie.

We also respond to calls in the City of University Place.

  • Animal Control: (253) 798-7387
  • Pet Licensing: (253) 798-7445
  • University Place Pet Licensing: (253) 798-4251

We respond to:
  • Animal bites
  • Animals running loose
  • Cruelty reports
  • Injured animals
  • Vicious animal complaints

License Your Pet

You'll receive a permanent tag for the life of your animal. Replacement tags are available for $5.

No longer have a pet? Update your pet's status online.

Personalized pet tags are also available by completing and returning the order form with payment.
Dog barking
Barking Dog Complaint
Call (253) 798-7387 to register a complaint. You may need to print and fill out a Nuisance Animal Affidavit.

Further Information
For more information about animal services in Pierce County, visit Pierce County Pets.

Your tax deductible donation helps support sheltering and emergency rescue efforts. Please send your check to:
  • Pierce County Pet Licensing/Donations
    2401 S. 35th St., Room 200
    Tacoma, WA 98409

Animals Available for Adoption
Click here for pictures, descriptions and applications.

Contact Us

Auditor's Office

2401 S. 35th St.
Room 200
Tacoma, WA 98409
Map to Auditor's Office

Email us

(253) 798-7387


Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

 twitter  facebook

Info Advanced