Prosecuting Attorney's Office
COVID-19 is impacting court operations. Starting July 6, the courts will be conducting a limited number of jury trials. Many out-of-custody hearings continue to be postponed. If you had been scheduled to testify or received a subpoena, please do not come to court unless you have received specific confirmation from a victim-witness advocate that you need to appear. If you are party to a Family Support action, see the Family Support page.

Read Mary's biography 

Prosecuting Attorney Mary Robnett

Room 946
930 Tacoma Ave S
Tacoma, WA  98402

8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


Ph: (253) 798-7400
Ph: (800) 992-2456
Fx: (253) 798-6636 
Contact Us

Sign up for our mailing list

What would you like to do today?

What We Do


The Pierce County Prosecutor’s Office is made up of three primary divisions: Criminal, Civil and Family Support. Our staff members in each division are committed to serving the citizens of Pierce County and pursuing justice.

Criminal Division

The Criminal Division represents the state and the county in criminal matters in the Pierce County District and Superior Courts, the state and federal courts of appeal, and the Washington and U.S. Supreme Courts. The largest division in the office is comprised of six subdivisions: Felony, Homicide, Juvenile, Appeals, Misdemeanor, and Victim Witness Assistance Services.

Civil Division

Provides accurate and timely legal advice to county officials and represents the county’s interests in court. Deputy prosecutors in the Civil Division have extensive experience concerning the many constitutional, statutory and administrative provisions and court decisions which apply to governmental activities.

Family Support

The Family Support Division represents the Division of Child Support, a DSHS agency. The division works with child support agencies throughout Washington State, the U.S. and abroad to establish and enforce child support and to protect the best interests of children in accordance with the laws of Washington State.

Our office is not an investigative agency. To report a crime, please contact your local police department. Copies of police reports can be obtained from South Sound 911.