No Sun Fun Run
The No Sun Fun Run is reimagined for 2021 with two race options!
Run Virtually - January 15-17
Run In person - Saturday, January 16 at Nathan Chapman Memorial Trail in Puyallup
Pre-registration Only Online
Participants of all skill levels and abilities who like to run, walk, or a combination of both, can be a part of the No Sun Fun Run from January 15-17, 2021. Run at your pace. Whether at home on the treadmill, on your favorite neighborhood trail or even at a local park, the options are endless.
How to Compete:
- Register for the virtual run.
- Run or Walk indoors or outdoors. You can also complete your challenge in multiple parts or all at once until you reach the 5K goal.
- After registration a race log will be emailed to you prior to the start of the event to keep track of miles and return to Pierce County Parks.
- Share your achievement with your friends and tag us on Facebook @piercecountyparks #Nosunfunrun
Participants will receive:
- A No Sun Fun Run race bib
- The first 125 registrants will receive a race medal
- Registration fee is $20
- Pre-register only online by January 3, 2021.
Rain, hail, sleet or snow, the No Sun Fun Run will take place no matter what weather our South Sound winter provides. The run is non-competitive and welcomes all ages and abilities on the Nathan Chapman Memorial Trail.
Come dressed warm and bring your enthusiasm for one of the first 5K's of the year. Remember, there's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes.
5K Course Information
The beautifully forested 5K course on the Nathan Chapman Memorial Trail is very flat and stroller friendly. Starting at Heritage Recreation Center, the course runs around the baseball fields then heads south and takes a large counter-clockwise loop around South Hill Park and forested wetlands. The course then progresses back toward Heritage Recreation Center lower soccer fields, north along 94th Avenue, then west through the lower parking lot (next to Zeiger Elementary) and ends in between fields 2 and 3 inside the sports complex.
How to Register:
To accommodate social distancing requirements, participants are asked to pre-register only and select experience level with staggered start times. Registration will not be available on the day of the race.
- Registration fee - $20
- Pre-Registration online by January 3, 2021
- Register by selecting experience level and specific start times
Race packets will be available for pick up the week of the event:
- January 12-14 from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm at Sprinker Recreation Center
Check In & Parking
Check in on Saturday, January 16, 2021 at the Heritage Recreation Center in South Hill Puyallup.
Heritage Recreation Center
9010 128th St. E.
Puyallup, WA 98375 (map)
Parking is available at the Heritage Recreation Center, entrance off 128th Street.