Chambers - Clover Creek Watershed Council
The Chambers-Clover Creek Watershed Council (CCWC) provides an opportunity for local agencies and citizen groups to coordinate their efforts to benefit the watershed. The council is committed to improving the health of the watershed by working to improve fish habitat, water quality and foster a sense of stewardship among watershed residents.
Find out about upcoming events and meet us on Facebook or contact the Watershed Coordinator (at bottom of page) to get added to our email list, if you'd like to get involved.
The 2019 Smalls Grants Cycle is closed. The next grant round will be announced in early 2020.
Meetings The Council hosts monthly meetings that are open to the public. Community members, students, nonprofits, residents, businesses and agency representatives - everyone is invited to attend and participate in the Council meetings. If you would like to attend or join a committee, please contact the Watershed Coordinator for details.
Upcoming Watershed Council Meetings:
- February 19, 2020
- March 18, 2020
- April 15, 2020
When: Third Wednesday of most months from 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Where: Lakewood Community Center, 9112 Lakewood Dr. SW, Lakewood WA 98499
Note: Committee meetings are held at various locations.
2019 Watershed Issue Forum Presentations
- 2018-23 Action Agenda
- 2019 Annual Work Plan
- 2019 Grant Awardees Summaries
- CCWC Bylaws, 2010
- Contacts List: Report Environmental Concerns (by topic)
- Creating Backyard Habitats Brochure (Audubon 2019)
- Creating Backyard Habitats Brochure (Audubon 2018)
- Pierce County Environmental Education Resources
- Project Summaries - 2018 Small Grants Awardees
- Chambers-Clover Historic Flows
- Riparian Vegetation Best Practices
- Rules for Aquatic Plant Removal and Control (WDFW)
- Tips on Land & Water Management for Puget Sound Rural Living
The Stewardship Committee relies on volunteers to make a difference!
Clover Creek dry in late summer at Schibig-Lakeview Preserve, Spanaway WA
Chambers Dam Field Trip - Aug.2018
Historic Flett Dairy site, now restoration project for Clover Park Technical College, Lakewood WA
Four weirs on Clover Creek above Gravelly Lake Dr SW
August 2019 field trip to Forterra's Schibig Lakeview Preserve, Spanaway WA
City of Tacoma's Flett Creek holding basin - located in Lakewood, WA
July 2019 Field Trip - a walk in the rain - Flett Dairy historic property, Lakewood WA
CCWC Executive Committee Members plan our meetings, field trips, and special events.
Pedestrian bridge at Springbrook Park, Lakewood WA
Flett Creek field trip overlooking wetland, July 2019
Clover Creek and pond next to Springbrook Park in Lakewood
Old Garry Oak Tree - Lakewood WA
Annual Watershed Issues Forum - 2018
Puget Sound marine shoreline near Steilacoom
Old Pilings at Titlow Beach, Tacoma
Educational signage installed at Parkland Prairie next to Clover Creek
Turtles on Snake Lake, Tacoma WA
Communications Chair Janet Spingath at Educators Night at the Museum
- Renee Buck, Chair
- Cindy Haverkamp, Vice Chair & Secretary
- Al Schmauder, Treasurer & Stewardship Chair
- Janet Spingath, Communications Chair
- Ione Clagett, at-large member
- Terry Hurd, at-large member
- Barbara Ann Smolko, Watershed Coordinator
- Krystal Kyer, Watershed Coordinator @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The watershed extends from the town of Ruston on Commencement Bay south to DuPont, and east to Frederickson, covering about 149 square miles. Major lakes include American, Spanaway, Steilacoom, Gravelly, and Tule. Major streams are Chambers, Clover, Spanaway, Morey, Murray, Flett, Leach, Puget and Peach.
Seven municipalities, three military installations, and one drainage district, as well asl Pierce County, have jurisdiction concerning water quality. The cities are: Tacoma, Lakewood, Fircrest, University Place, Steilacoom, DuPont, and Ruston. In 2018, the watershed's population was approximately 409,843 or 2,751 people per square mile.
Phone: (253) 798-2485
7:00 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
2702 S 42nd St, Ste 109
Tacoma, WA 98409-7322