2019 Candidate Information
May 24, 2019. Late submissions not accepted.
PC or laptop use recommended.
The voters' pamphlet submittal process needs to be completed in one sitting. There is not an option to "save" and come back and finish. Have your biography information, statement, and photo ready before you start the pamphlet submittal process.
You may NOT submit a new statement for the General Election. The same information you submit will be used for both the Primary and General election pamphlet.
Please prepare the following in advance:
1. Biography - Word limit - 100
The biographical information must be 100 words or less allocated between four subsection headings.
Biographical information should be organized in accordance with the four subsection headings listed below. Subsection headings are not included in the word count.
- Elected Experience.
- Other Professional Experience.
- Community Service.
2. Statement - Word limit - 200 (4 paragraphs allowed)
Each part of a hyphenated or slashed word will be counted as a separate word. (Example - "Around-the-corner" = 3 words)3. Photo
- You may submit one portrait photo - jpeg or .tiff (Head and shoulders) For best results use a light-colored background, (not white).
- Photos should be less than 1 MB, (If larger, photos take will take too long to load for the online guide.)
- Clothing or insignia that suggest holding a public office are not allowed (e.g., judicial robes, law enforcement or military uniforms).
- Color or black and white photo. (Color will be used in the online guide, and converted to black and white for the printed Local Voters' Pamphlet.)
Candidate photos from previous Local Voters’ Pamphlets are not available for reuse.
Candidates do have an option not to submit a photo or statement in the voters' pamphlet submittal area.
Need some ideas for your voters' pamphlet statement? Check out archived voters' pamphlets.
Candidates are advised to verify that they are in compliance with all state, county, and local laws.
Withdrawal of Candidacy Monday, May 20, 2019, 4:30 PM, is the deadline for a candidate to withdrawal. Filing fee is not refundable.
Archived Election Information
Looking for examples of candidate statements? See voters' pamphlets from previous elections.