|2020 Open Offices|
Candidates Who Have Filed
Candidates Who Have Filed (.xlsx) -
Lot Draw Order
|2020 Election Guide for Candidates|
Candidate Filing Media Release
Last day for a candidate to withdraw was 4:30 p.m., May 18, 2020.
Voters’ Pamphlet Information
Must be submitted online. Deadline to submit information is the week after filing week closes - Friday, May 22, at 4:30 p.m.
You will receive an email after your Declaration of Candidacy as been approved with a link to submit your
voters’ pamphlet information. (PCO’s - No pamphlet information required. This office is not included in voters’ pamphlet)
Have your biography information, statement, and photo ready before you start the pamphlet submittal process.
Pierce County TV is producing a Video Voters’ Guide for the offices of Pierce County Executive, Assessor Treasurer, Sheriff, and Council Districts No. 2, 3, 4 and 6. More information here.
1. Biography - Word limit - 100
The biographical information must be 100 words or less allocated between four subsection headings.
Biographical information should be organized in accordance with the four subsection headings listed below. Subsection headings are not included in the word count.
- Elected Experience. (Judges use Legal/Judicial Experience)
- Other Professional Experience.
- Community Service.
2. Statement - Word limit
State Senator – 200 words - 4 paragraphs
State Representative – 100 words - 2 paragraphs
County offices – 200 words - 4 paragraphs
Judicial offices – 200 words - 4 paragraphs
Hyphenated or slashed words will be counted as a separate words. (Example - "Around-the-corner" = 3 words)
- Submit one portrait photo - jpeg or .tiff (Head and shoulders) For best results use a light-colored background, (not white).
- Photos should be less than 1 MB, (If larger, photos take will take too long to load for the online guide.)
- Clothing or insignia that suggest holding a public office are not allowed (e.g., judicial robes, law enforcement or military uniforms).
- Color or black and white photo. (Color will be used in the online guide, and converted to black and white for the printed Local Voters’ Pamphlet.)
You may NOT submit a new statement for the General Election. The information submitted will be used for both the Primary Election and General Election.
Federal, Legislative, Court of Appeals, and Supreme Court Candidates - The pamphlet information you submit will be used in the State and Pierce County pamphlets. You do not need to submit separate information. Please contact the Secretary of State’s office if you need help submitting your voters’ pamphlet information. 1-800-448-4881
Public Disclosure Commission
Candidates are advised to verify that they are in compliance with all state, county, and local laws.
Archived Election Information
Looking for examples of candidate statements? See voters’ pamphlets from previous elections.