August Weekly Camps
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Lakewood Community Center
Camp Pierce summer day weekly camps are designed for young adults ages 20-30 with disabilities. Campers participate in personally enriching activities within the community including volunteering, visiting parks/other organizations, and taking fun weekly field trips.
Campers will learn about and use public transportation, enhance socialization with peers and community members, increase independence skills, and build their resumes.
This summer day camp that will be housed out of the Lakewood Community Center where campers will participate in crafts, sports, cooking and other activities.
|Course #||2020 Weekly Dates*
|14945||August 3-7 - CANCELLED||TBD|
|14956||August 10-14 - CANCELLED||TBD|
Sign up for one week at a time or both weeks. Each week of camp will be limited to the first 17 registered participants, but must meet a minimum of 10 campers to be held.
- Fee is $100/camper per week - Registration deadline TBD
- Space is limited to the first 15 registered each week
- 2020 Registration Form
*Fee includes camp management plus admission fees and transportation for field trips.
Open Registration Night: Date TBD, 5:30-7:00 pm at the Lakewood Community Center, 9112 Lakewood Dr. SW, Lakewood98499
Parents/Caregivers are responsible for transporting their camper to and from camp in a timely fashion. Campers meet each morning at the main entrance to the site. Pierce Transit Shuttle services may be available depending on where you live. For more shuttle information call 253-581-8000.
- Camp is limited to the first 15 registered participants
- Campers must be toilet trained. We are unable to accept campers who are not toilet trained.
- Campers must not pose a threat to self or others
- Campers must be ambulatory (the ability to move unassisted using feet, crutches, walker, wheelchair, etc.)
- Campers must have a Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP) available at www.soundtransit.org