- Falls Prevention in Pierce County
- Stay Active & Independent for Life - S.A.I.L. Classes
- Stay Active & Independent for Life - S.A.I.L Instructor training
Falls Prevention Resources
- WA State Fall Prevention Website
- Living Well with Chronic Conditions in Washington State
- Aging and Disability Services Administration and the Department of Health have developed a website for dissemination of information regarding evidence-based disease prevention and health promotion programs for adults. Living Well with Chronic Conditions in Washington State is a website for providers and potential providers, leaders, trainers, participants and social and health services staff to learn about healthy aging and self-management programs. Site includes links to programs, training, workshops, resources and events.
- Getting Up From A Fall
- After a fall, people typically panic. Getting up from a fall is important in preventing new injuries and taking proper care of yourself.
- Home Team Questionnaire
- Your HOME Team: Home Modifications, Optical Review, Medication Safety, Exercise. You are the ''Captain'' of your HOME Team.
- Managing Your Medications
- One of the major causes of falling is side effects from prescription drug medications. A few questions when you start a medication can prevent disastrous consequences.
- Falls Among Older Adults: An Overview (CDC)
- Each year, one in every three adults age 65 and older falls. Falls can lead to moderate to severe injuries, such as hip fractures and head traumas, and can even increase the risk of early death. Fortunately, falls are a public health problem that is largely preventable.
- Why Older People Fall & How to Reduce Fall Risk