2014 Scattered Remains
- Aki, Lily (case #10-0236) – Died Feb. 21, 2010 in Tacoma. 79 years old. No known next-of-kin.
- Bidwell, Robin (case #03-1175) – Cremated Sept. 5, 1997, in Soquel, CA. No known next-of-kin. Found in Spanaway by children playing on the side of the road on Oct. 25, 2003.
- Ducker, Kenneth Earl (case #10-1649) – Died Feb. 22, 2010. From Washington State (was homeless). 44 years old. Mother and brother are deceased, and father is possibly deceased as well. Ducker was single with no children.
- Gleason, Heidi (case #10-0994) – Died April 12, 2009, in Spokane, WA. Daughter notified of death and requested the remains be mailed to her in AZ. Remains were found behind seat of pickup truck owned by daughter’s boyfriend. He had taken the remains to keep them safe for her when the airport wouldn’t let her board a flight with them. The county has been unable to locate her since.
- Hamm-Schank, Lana (case #12-0209) – Died on Sept. 7, 2008, in Federal Way, WA. Cremation was authorized by daughter whose whereabouts are now unknown. Has other children and a husband listed but supplemental report indicates attempts to locate next-of-kin unsuccessful. Remains were found in a suitcase in a store parking lot in Bonney-Lake, WA, in the summer of 2011. Was found with two urns, one smaller than the other. Smaller urn could be a pet.
- Laschet, Song Hui (case #10-1401) – Died Oct. 22, 2010, in Olympia, WA. 62 years old. Was a widower with no children. No living next-of-kin in the U.S. and unknown if any are living in Korea.
- Minick, William (presumed name, case #01-0055) – Remains found July 10, 1997, in a Tacoma house formerly owned by the wife, who is now deceased. No info on next-of-kin, who are reportedly estranged.
- Nichols, William J. (case #09-1333) – Died Oct. 16, 2009, in Tacoma. 76 years old. No known next-of-kin.
- Orr, Eugene (presumed name, case #01-0056) – Died Nov. 20, 1984, in Portland, OR. Remains found in Spanaway on Jan. 9, 1988. County has been unable to locate son to return remains.
- Pierson, Lena Geralden (presumed name, case #05-0680) – Died Apr. 22, 1995, and cremated on Apr. 28, 1995, in Las Vegas, NV. Found on a porch in Tacoma in 2005 with accompanying note that read, “Someone left this on my porch! I have no explanation other than that! Please do what needs to be done. Thankx.”
- Placio, Mario Hernandez (case #07-0555) – No date of death or cremation information. No next-of-kin found. Found in a hotel room in Fife, WA, in 2007.
- Reese, Michael W. (case #12-1683) – Presumed to have died on Dec. 6, 2012, in Lakewood, WA. 54 years old. No available information on the whereabouts of his brother.
- Schlereth, Sabine (case #10-0922) – Died July 15, 2010. From Renton, WA. 46 years old. Unable to contact estranged daughter in WY, ill sister in Germany who doesn’t speak English, uncle who has had no contact since 1968, or son whose whereabouts are unknown.
- Serpa, Robert (case #10-0435) – Died Apr. 7, 2007, in CA. Children had custody and intended to spread on a mountain, but remains were instead found abandoned.
- Skinner , Lorna Maye (case #11-0130) – Presumed to have died on Jan. 25, 2011 in Tacoma, WA (was homeless). 74 years old. Grandson indicated he wanted to claim remains but there was no contact from him. Brother in MN was notified but has not made contact.
- Spear, Ann Marie (case #11-1264) – Died Sep. 11, 2011, in Spanaway, WA. 74 years old. Son and niece notified of death but are unable to claim remains.
- Wheeler, Norman (case #07-0920) – Died July 28, 2004, in Kent, WA. Cremation paid for by King County. No other details known.
- Case #01-0054 – Found Jan.8, 1996 on Anderson Island with other items abandoned after a burglary. Remains didn’t belong to the person who was burglarized. Found in a small container indicating remains are possibly a child or pet.
- Case #01-0057 – Found Aug. 12, 1999, in a marble container on the steps of a church in Tacoma at 5th and South G Street.
- Case #04-1126 – Found in a Pierce County field in 2003. Tag indicates remains were cremated in Richmond, VA.
- Case #06-0999 – Found Aug. 11, 2006. Tag with the name of “Josephine” indicates the individual died on Aug. 2, 1996. Cremated by Wiggen and Sons in Seattle on Aug. 6, 1996. Efforts to obtain additional information have been unsuccessful.
- Case #10-0436 – Found in rental house in Puyallup in 2009. No other information known.
- Case #11-0914 – Found on the kitchen windowsill by the new owner of a house in July, 2011. Believed to belong to a woman who had lived at that location prior, but has since died. Remains may be that of her mother.