Shoreline Code Updates take effect October 26, 2018
The Pierce County Development Center is anticipating a possible rush of applications in consideration of the Shoreline Management Plan update.
The Department of Ecology reviewed the Plan and issued a Final Action on October 12, 2018. The new regulations go into effect 14 days after Ecology issues the Final Action, so the effective date is October 26, 2018.
Submit your applications soon
To make sure your application is vested prior to the change, you should submit online applications to piercecountywa.gov/pals by Sunday, October 21. Applications will also be accepted at the Development Center.
- Applications submitted electronically through the PALS website less than 4 days prior to the effective date MAY NOT be processed in time to vest to current regulations.
- Applications are reviewed for the regulations in effect on the day of the application is accepted required fees are paid.
- Vesting of the application will be in accordance with PCC 18.160
If you have concerns about what constitutes a complete application that is vested to the existing shoreline regulations, please contact:
- Sean Gaffney, Planning Manager, email or (253) 798-2724 or
- Kevin Stender, Development Center Manager, email or (253) 798-3713
Please submit your applications as early as you can so we may promptly address any issues.
Attend a brown bag training on November 7
Learn about the new code provisions and ask questions at a lunchtime training session.