The Pierce County courts understand many people are concerned about the COVID-19 virus. Pierce County has no cases of COVID-19 at this time, but the Puget Sound public health agencies are identifying more positive cases of the disease in the Puget Sound region. We will follow guidance from Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department to help protect people’s health.
Court functions at the County-City Building, Remann Hall (Juvenile Court) and Western State Hospital will be open during normal business hours on Monday, March 2. Any changes to court hours or limiting of proceedings will be provided in future press releases. These press releases can be found on the Court websites and on Pierce County social media sites.
Employees and court participants should follow the recommendations from the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department while at the County-City Building:
- Increase handwashing and use of alcohol-based sanitizer
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette – cover a cough or a sneeze
- Keep distance from others (more than six feet, if possible)
- Frequently clean and disinfect surfaces
- Remain home during a respiratory illness
More information from the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department can be found here.