NOVEMBER 15, 2020
COURT RESPONSE TO GOVERNOR’S 11-15-2020 PRESS CONFERENCE
Court Press Release, 11/15/2020
Pierce County Superior Court will not modify court operations based on information provided by the Governor during his November 15, 2020, press conference. The court has instituted safety measures that meet or exceed recommendations from the Tacoma/Pierce County Health Department and the Washington State Department of Health. Those measures include mandated masking, enforced social distancing, increased ventilation and targeted cleanings of high touch surfaces throughout the day.
Superior Court would request that citizens of Pierce County follow the recommendations of the Governor in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
If you feel you cannot make it at your scheduled court time, whether you are an attorney, defendant, witness, litigant, etc., you must call the court, using the contact information listed below:
- If you are scheduled for a hearing in front of a judge, contact the judicial assistant for that department. Public Phone List
- If you have a hearing set before the Commissioners, please contact the Commissioner Services Department at (253) 798-6697.
- For all other criminal matters, contact Criminal Administration at (253) 798-2988.
- Remann Hall (Juvenile Court) will be open. For all matters at Remann Hall, please contact Juvenile Court Administration at (253)798-7900.
- Western State Hospital will be open. For all matters at Western State Hospital, please contact the County Clerk’s Office at (253)756-2951.
- Jurors assigned to a department should call the number provided by the judicial assistant.
- Jurors not assigned to a department should call Jury Administration at (253)798-7782.