Information regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
The Pierce County Council is aware of the concerns and questions raised by the emergence of the COVID-19 virus. As such, I want to provide the latest information to you.
I want to assure you Pierce County is actively working to protect our community. We are working closely with the experts at Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department.
At this point, Pierce County has no cases of COVID-19, but our region is experiencing more positive cases of the disease. Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department advises us that the risk to Pierce County residents is increasing. That said, you can take steps to protect yourself and reduce the risk of spreading viruses including COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.